We create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of consumers around the world, elevating content and how audiences connect with it in a way that is more intelligent, immersive and personal. Powering smart devices, connected cars, entertainment experiences and more, Xperi has created a unified ecosystem that reaches highly engaged consumers, uncovering new business opportunities, now and in the future.
Xperi recently showcased our Connected Car solutions at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES®), the world’s largest technology innovation event where companies across the tech sector showcase innovations and new products.
Here are some of the Xperi CES highlights.
Xperi Connected Car Booth in the Automotive Hall
We’re transforming the automotive experience by bringing high-quality multimedia and personalization to the connected car, just like at home. We do this by immersing drivers in more of their favorite audio content, with crystal-clear, subscription-free digital radio. And drivers and passengers can have more confidence as vehicles with our AI-powered in-cabin sensing solutions improve the safety, comfort and security of everyone in the car. With autonomous vehicles evolving consumer expectations, our top minds are rapidly innovating to create the dashboard of the future, accommodating more types of entertainment, from video to gaming and more.
Our booth featured:
- DTS AutoStage™ live implementation in the Mercedes-Benz MBUX.
- DTS AutoSense™ in-cabin sensing technology, powered by machine learning and imaging at the edge, keeps drivers, passengers, children and pets safe. This showcased our pioneering single-camera driver- and occupant-sensing solution, designed with privacy in mind.
- DTS Neural:X™ and DTS Headphone:X® for truly immersive in-vehicle audio.
- And overviews of HD Radio and our music metadata offerings.
Media Interest Across Xperi’s Solutions
Press and analysts showed interest for our technology innovations and stories – especially related to the new DTS 2022 Vehicle Predictions Report and the announcement about our revolutionary single camera for driver and occupancy monitoring – a technological breakthrough that truly exemplifies our innovation work and underscores our brand promise to deliver extraordinary experiences. And, in case you missed the news prior to CES, Xperi was named North American Connected Car Media Company of the Year by Frost and Sullivan for our automotive efforts, further validating our leadership in the space.
Learn more about the Vehicle Predictions Report in coverage from Automotive News and Inside Radio or watch Connected Car General Manager Jeff Jury be interviewed about it in the C Space Studio at CES (Jeff’s interview begins at 37:19).
CES Innovation Award Wins
Additional CES accolades and proof points of our innovation efforts include DTS Play-Fi being named a CES 2022 Innovation Awards Honoree for two products: DTS Play-Fi Home Theater in the Smart Home category, and DTS Play-Fi apps for Android, AndroidTV, and iOS in the Software & Mobile App category. Play-Fi delivers TV wireless surround sound and multi-room TV audio without any need for complex wiring or module set ups – all controlled via a personal app on your phone.
Xperi understand the obstacles to delivering a successful in-home surround sound set-up – from TV audio limitations and unsightly wires to lag and lip sync issues and more. We’re proud to share that several DTS and IMAX Enhanced products were nominated as honorees for several CES Innovation Awards.
- DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X for the VIZIO New M-Series Quantum X 4K HDR Gaming Smart TV
- DTS Virtual:X for the VIZIO M-Series Elevate Sound Bar
- DTS Play-Fi for the SVS Prime Wireless Pro
- DTS Play-Fi in the Software and Mobile apps category
- DTS Play-Fi Home Theater in the Smart Home category
- DTS:X Ultra for the Asus TUF DashF15 in the gaming category
Additionally, two Sony products featuring IMAX Enhanced were named honorees as well.
- Sony Bravia Core App named honoree in streaming category featuring largest collection of IMAX Enhanced titles
- Sony SXR-65A95K Master Series 65″ TV, an IMAX Enhanced certified TV, named honoree in display category
Consumer Electronics Partnership Announcements
Our technologies showed up as key differentiators for our partners and customers, many of whom launched with and/or featured DTS technology at the show. A few highlights include LG’s first gaming laptop with DTS:X Ultra and TCL’s two new Alto 9-Series sound bars featuring DTS Play-Fi and DTS:X. Others, like Sony with its new BRAVIA XR QD-OLED TV, are IMAX Enhanced Certified. This list represents only a small sampling of companies who look to our technology and ongoing innovations to help bring their products to life.