On September 20, 2022 Xperi hosted a virtual Investor Day to provide an in-depth overview of the company ahead of separation, which became complete on October 1, 2022. Xperi leaders, including chief executive officer Jon Kirchner and chief financial officer Robert Andersen, presented the business’ value creation strategy and growth prospects in the near and longer terms. Highlights covered throughout the day include:
1. A look into Xperi’s legacy of innovation and role in advancing change within the entertainment technology sector, through our ingredient brands and partnerships including TiVo, DTS, HD Radio and IMAX Enhanced.
2. The size and scale of Xperi footprint provides the runway needed to capitalize on market innovations, with a business serving up 16 billion discovery queries every quarter, powering 30 million video households and licensing 90 million cars and billions of consumer devices.
3. Xperi will continue to create software and services that deliver extraordinary experiences.
4. Breaking down our markets into four key primary areas we serve: Pay-TV, Connected Car, Consumer Electronics and Media Platform.
5. Tying it all together to reveal our potential in accelerating media platform business, where we’re pursuing engagement-based recurring advertising and data analytics revenue stream through the continued growth in streaming to Smart TVs, IPTV and connected cars.
Watch the replay of the livestream of the event here.